torsdag 6 mars 2014

Music in progress

This blog post will be about my music in the making. I am currently working on some jazzy, bebop music for the game project. I will not post any example in this post but I will however post later this weekend the complete version. I chose jazzy bebop cause I want it to feel old fashioned and classy. It will bring much to the game I believe. Some of the best music I've listened to is from video games. I've always been inspired by many good soundtracks from games. Some of my favourite music in video games is Banjo Kazooie, World of Warcraft, Zelda and Grim Fandango. I like Zelda and Banjo Kazooie because of their playfulness and unique tunes. I love World of Warcraft and other Blizzard music for it's epicness and well orchestrated sounds. Grim Fandango is one of my biggest inspirations for this project, it's jazzy feel fits what I'm looking for.

I'm not only listening to video game music, when trying to replicate a sound you have to research as much as possible. I've listened many hours to jazz and bebop music lately. I've also drawn inspiration from Cowboy Bebop's soundtrack. To make something you first need to understand it, only then can you correctly replicate it and creating something you can call your own.

I'm teasing a bit by not showing the music, but it's not done yet. I will make a post later showing my results. Thanks for reading!

1 kommentar:

  1. Hello, Valdemar!

    I am quite curious about how the music will turn out. I happen to be a huge fan of Grim Fandango and its music. Jazz is always a quite enjoyable music genre. I am sure you will figure everything out and that all the notes will fall in to place.

    Since you did not write particularly much to comment on in this post I will now comment on some of your previous posts.

    I took a look at your font and I must say it looks pretty gosh darn good. I really like the pixelated “system” type of fonts. It can be quite difficult to make a font in that style that sticks out from the rest but I think you did quite a good job in that department. I noticed, though, that the lower case “Q” is missing its tail so it just looks like an “O”. Was that intentional or was it by accident?

    I like your animations. The smoke-scatter in the muzzle flash animation really ads to it and make it feel more alive. The bullet is a bit more difficult to see. But from what I can see it looks good, it does look like it is spinning.

    // Andreas

    SvaraRadera