tisdag 18 februari 2014

Tileset!

Alright so I made a tileset for a game that i'm working on with some classmates. The game is a stealthy, 50s gangster game. It is top down and grid based so a tileset is perfect for this game. I studied many different tilesets before I started, this process was for about an hour. I wanted to have something from around the 50s so I took references from the TV-series madmen and other pictures. I noticed that there were many wall to wall carpets in offices in the 50s and I wanted to have that in the tileset. I also discovered that diamond shaped, black and white bathroom tiles were popular in those days.

So this is the finished product (so far). Each tile is 64 pixels wide and high. I chose this size because it fits the game. The game has medium low resolution so this was perfect for it. The first one (from the upper left to right) is a marble pattern. I think it fits in a classy entrance or in the executive's office. Next to it we have two iterations of bathroom tiles. Then we have wooden floor for obvious reason, must be something under that wall to wall carpet :). Here we have the carpets. I recolored them to popular office floor colors I saw from pictures to make them fit the setting. Next we have a rought asphalt for maybe a parking lot.

I'm quite satisfied with the results although I could have made more. All this you see is just the basis of the actual tileset. As we continue on the game I will add more textures if necessary. I forgot to mention but all the textures in the tileset is tileable and can be looped. Thanks for reading!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar